(Disclosure, I may receive a small referral fee when you make a purchase through links on this post.)eharmony valentine’s day
Valentine’s day is coming near and if you are single, we have you covered! We all remember when we were single and young in elementary school. You spent the whole evening writing cards for your crush and meticulously select the candy that is a bit bigger. After you go home, you dig through your stash of cards and sweets to look what you got in return. You would read the card and if it contained a hand written message, you would dissect it in hope of a secret message. Fast forward to today. No instead of looking forward, it’s a day of dreading. You hope the day simply passes by without much fanfare but all the marketing ploy by tv, supermarket, in hopes of taking a piece of your hard earned money and inevitably remind yourself that your calendar is free. Worse, this 2014 Feb. 14, valentines day falls on a Friday! Without work the following day, you are bound to be lured into some sort of event that everyone will be talking about. Rather than hiding at home sitting on your couch with a spoon and a gallon of ice cream, here are some things you can do.
1) Host for a singles party! You can call it a singles party of anti-valentines day party. This will allow all singles who share the same relationship status to get together and have fun! No need to be a third wheel! You are all the spoke of the wheel with a common goal! You can make it a bit interesting by requiring them to bring another single. This is the best way to meet people and who knows, strike it up with someone. Keep note though, calling it the anti-valentines day may bring forth some couples who are simply anti-valentines day.
2) Look for a singles party! Check out your local bar or restaurants for any singles party. You can also take note a meetups.com where people are hosting events around your neighborhood. Through meetups.com, you can search different groups or ‘meetups’ and see which one fits you. Most groups are open and you can review it’s members, past meetups, and pictures. It’s a great way to network.
3) Splurge! If you just don’t feel like seeing people which is totally understandable, go shopping. Reward yourself by spend some money on yourself. Get some food to go and check out a movie!
4) Open an online dating profile! We don’t recommend rushing to meet someone online in time for valentine’s day. Online dating is a slow process which takes time. It doesn’t hurt to sign up though as there is a lot of activity especially this week. It is the hottest week of the year for online dating sites. Go for the top 5 sites and you can’t go wrong with any of them.
5) Get out of town. Plan a trip. Chances are, a lot of people will stay around. Go book a hotel with other friends who are also single to a quick weekend get away!