eHarmony has been making the news recently with its imminent launch of its job matching services. I’ll write some more about it later but first of all, eHarmony announced today that they will be having a free communication for this Memorial Day weekend. This will last from TODAY May 23 until May 27th Monday. Let’s make this Memorial day one you won’t forget!
eHarmony extended their 6 month and 12 month subscription promo code until end of 2013. This is their standard offering which have been in place for quite some time. If you are on the fence, the best deal you will get is by subscribing to a 12 month plan which gives you the lowest monthly cost. Find the right match now! This can be done in 4 simple steps.
- Free registration! Check out my eHarmony registration walk through.
- Complete eHarmony’s exclusive questionnaire and get personality profile for FREE!
- Review your matches for free (no pictures).
- Use the below coupon codes to get that discount you desire.
Save 20% on a 6-Month eHarmony Subscription! (Promo Code: EHCODE Exp. 12/31/13)
Save 17% on a 12-Month eHarmony Subscription! (Promo Code: EHCOUPON Exp. 12/31/13)
eHarmony promotion alert! Great news for love seekers to our neighbors in Canada! eHarmony Canada announced brand new coupon and discount codes that will last October, November, and December of 2012. Take advantage and save money by using them now!
Log in and sign up now!
20% off 6 month eharmony subscription is EHCODECA (valid until 12/31/2013)
17% off 12 month eHarmony subscription is EHCOUPONCA (valid until 12/31/2013)
The weekend is here! After a grueling work week the day you look forward to the most is Saturday. You look on your phone and its a big white space across Saturday and Sunday showing “No Appointments”. Most of the people you know are spending time with their significant other and the last thing you want to do is being the 3rd wheel. You tell yourself to call the other single men and women but you have to admit that its getting a bit boring. The conversation always steer clear of the elephant in the room – single life. It is true when they say that you become the people who you hang out with and the last thing you want is to become complacent and be stuck in this situation. We have a compiled an ultimate list of things to do when you are single on the weekends that can motivate you and drive you to becoming an even better person.
1) Work Out – Nothing is more uplifting than heading to the gym or taking a stroll on your bike. Anyone can work out no matter what shape you are in. This is the best part. There should be absolutely no excuse to not work out. There is always something for everyone. Whether it is following a work out DVD at home or heading over to the gym, there is always something to do. Working out makes you feel better about yourself, increases your self confidence, and makes you look better and even takes years off your face! You don’t need to have a partner so it is something you can do yourself.
2) Meditate – With the hustle and bustle of everyday life and seemingly everyone in the world within a button’s reach on your phone. We have become accustomed to filling our minds with noise. I know some people can’t stand absolute silence. Unless you are that type of person, do the opposite. Turn off your phone, tv, radio, and sit to meditate. Go to somewhere serene such as the beach, mountains, or even the park. Reflect upon what you have done and your accomplishments.
3) Volunteer – There are always opportunities to volunteer whether it is at your local food bank, church, or city. Search for events where you can volunteer. Don’t make a bit hoopla about it announcing it on Facebook. Just go on your own and do good will for others by giving back to the community. Also, it is a great opportunity to meet other people who are willing to give up their time for others.
4) Visit Family – There is always time to enrich the relationships with your family. Family will always be there during tough time and joyful times. Go and visit a relative you haven’t seen in a while. Go hear stories of your past and enjoy the company. Great for your soul!
5) Pamper Yourself – Do something you enjoy such as indulging in day spa to enjoy a massage. Buy that something you have been eying for a long time (within responsible limit of course ;)) or eat that food you have been craving for so long.
Chemistry.com will be hosting a free communication weekend for this May 2013. This is a great way to give an online dating site s test drive and to freely interact with its members. There will be heightened activity between members and non-paying members. With no barriers or restrictions when sending flirts or messages, you will not only be able to look at profiles but communicate with them as well. Sign up using the banner below so you can be prepared for the chemistry.com free communication weekend from hour 1!
Muckrock.com has an interesting piece on the the number of online dating site complaints made to the FTC by dating sites. They made Freedom of Information requests to the FTC to achieve this. Their goal? Who has most dirt on their hands. According to Muckrock.com, a FOI requests were made regarding complaints made to FTC for eHarmony, Match.com, and OkCupid. At the time the article was written (March 21, 2013), the result yielded 2056 complaints against Match.com since 2005, 301 complaints against eHarmony since 2007, and only 7 complaints about OkCupid since 2008. So per year, Match.com got roughly 257 complaints a year, eHarmony has 50 per year, and OkCupid has only 1.4 complaints per year.
The complaints vary widely. Over half are due to “romance scams” where perpetrators tried to scam someone by pretending they are genuinely seeking a relationship. The complaints indicate that they felt the relevant dating sites did not curb or act fast enough to these complaints. To the dating site’s defense, they need to be sure the accusations are real before they can shut down a profile. They need to go through their own due diligence to ensure the accusations are not false. Another complain was regarding improper use of member’s photos without authorization. I can imagine with social media, the profile pictures may be used as advertisement. I am pretty certain that each site has disclaimers indicating that all pictures and details will be waived upon your agreement to use the sites. Who really reads those disclaimers anyways?
Other complaints are similar to what you would experience at any companies – poor customer service, billing issues, subscription cancellation issues.
Take a look at Muchrock.com to read the full article!
As with any “firsts”, you want to be prepared. When you interview for a job, you want to be prepared by finding out about as much as possible about the company. One of the ways to be prepared is to have a list of questions you want to ask. Similarly, you want to have a mental list of questions you want to ask for your first date. This is to ensure you are prepared and so you will be able to analyze if you want to have a second date with this person or not. You also do not want to regret not asking these questions.
- “Tell me about your family.” – This question will tell a lot about the person’s upbringing. Did they grow up in a ranch? City life? Grow up with a stay at home mom / dad? Maybe even broken family? None of these are necessarily negative but it’s very telling of a person’s upbringing.
- “What do you find joy in?” – This question reveals their value and their priority. How they spend like to spend their time. What makes them laugh.
- “What is your current passion?” – This will tell you the person’s core. If they don’t have any, it may be an indication they don’t take things seriously or think much about that is important to them and people around them.
- “What is your definition of progression in career?” – In any relationship, you want to find someone who has an upward outlook towards their career rather than to be stagnant.
- “How do you spend your weekend?” – Compatibility on how to spend free time is important. If one loves the great outdoors but you don’t like moving a finger on the weekend, you will have a problem.
- “Who do you talk to the most in your life?” – This may give you insight of where you may fit in the future. If they cherish relationship with family or friends then that is a good sign. Ex boyfriend or girlfriend, not so good.
- “What do you look for in a relationship?” – you may not get a straight answer. Not all people are going to say “great sex” on the first date. Your mileage may vary.
Granted, you may not want to blast this list all on the first date and feel pressured to do so. What other questions do you think should make this list?