eHarmony will be having their oh so popular Free Communication Weekend this Labor Day from today Aug 28 until Sept 1. This is 5 full days of free communication with your matches! Take advantage now!
eHarmony will be hosting another Free Communication Weekend promo this weekend July 24 – July 27 2014. You can’t try eHarmony for free but you can start communicating with them through Free communication. Sign up using the below link so you can go through their questionnaire and start getting matches immediately!
Many people wonder if it is possible to give a free trial to eHarmony’s online dating service. The answer is yes and no. As consumers, we are spoiled with previews, free tasting, and can almost return anything we buy if we are not satisfied with the product as long as we follow the return policy. This is somewhat similar to online dating sites. We will outline in full detail what is free on eHarmony and what isn’t.
Free on eHarmony
- Without an account
- Relationship Advice – eHarmony provides a section where you can read up on dating advice. It is very comprehensive and oftentimes has articles written by professional psychologists and dating experts.
- Dating Advice – not only does eHarmony provide advise on relationships, they also give advice on dating in general. It features articles on being
- Success Stories – Real people, real results. eHarmony stands by their compatibility formula and often feature real couples with real pictures who met through eHarmony. They also provide lengthy testimonials and even video stories which are all free. You can also browse through different categories where you can read pages upon pages of real testimonies!
Tips on using eHarmony – Each online dating site has its own unique feature. eHarmony has a section outside its sign in page where you can read on different topics on how to use it. It has tips on how to select your profile picture, its guided communication, explanation of different features, and how to use its features such as messages, settings, and advise.
- With an account
- eHarmony Compatibility Matching System® – you will get to go through their patented extensive registration questionnaire. Beware, this portion takes several hours. This is the part where you don’t want to casually breeze by it. Take your time and answer the questions truthfully. Trust me. You will want to be truthful here if you want the matching system to work properly.
- A profile – this is the first step in your online dating journey. Once you get through registration, you will have a profile. You can further customize your profile by adding a picture and further answer questions for your matches to review.
- The “You” book – This is the result of the questionnaire. You will be able to review your attributes based on Agreeableness, Openness, Emotional Stability, Conscientiousness, and Extraversion. It is actually a very detailed analysis based on the answers you gave.
- Get Matched – With an account, you will be able to get matched with people who are compatible with you based on their patented matching system. With a free account, you will not be able to see pictures, but will be able to see general information such as first name, job title, height, age, location, religious affiliation, education level, and where they attended school. On the right of their general profile, you will be able to send a ‘message’ through their guided communication and send a smile which is like a ‘poke’ or a ‘flirt’.
- Limited communication – You may receive quick questions but will only be able to send quick questions during ‘Free Communication Weekends‘.
Paid Subscription on eHarmony
- Pictures – with a paid subscription on eHarmony, you can finally get to see pictures of your matched profiles.
- “What If” feature – This is a new feature where you can see additional matches beyond those you are initially matched with. You can also review who viewed your profile, view matched photos, see when your matches last logged in, send and receive communication.
- Send and receive unlimited messages – with a paid subscription service, you can send as many quick questions to your matches as you wish.
Then when is it ever free?
eHarmony actually has a little known policy where you can cancel your subscription within 3 days and you will get a full refund. The catch is this, you will never be able to get through the 4 step guided communication process in 3 days. In other words, you will never get the opportunity to reach the point where you can get a contact number or full name of someone you are interested in. However, you will be able to see pictures of the matches you received in those 2 days.
To maximize the use of your 3 days, you can create a free profile, use free communication weekend to start communicating with your matches, then subscribe to see their photo.
eHarmony wants you to kick off your Summer right by having their first free communication weekend from June 19-22nd. This promotion is only limited to the US this time around. Free communication weekend is a promotional event held by eHarmony to encourage people who are on the fence to try out their website. It also encourages current members as the activity increases with its members. The registration does take a few hours so sign up tonight so you can take full advantage of the 4 days of free communication. Keep in mind free communication doesn’t allow you to communicate freely with other members. You are required to go through their step by step communication process. Think of it as courtship. It gives you pre-set questions which you can select and ask your matches. It then escalates to the next level until you can send messages then talk on the phone then finally meet in person. Don’t expect to get matched with someone on the first day then meet someone the following day. That would be contrary to the eHarmony philosophy.
eHarmony is following up with their Canada exclusive free communication event with the US events starting May 22 2014 through Memorial Day May 26th. This is a 5 day free communication event which beats out chemistry, match, plentyoffish and other dating sites! Sign up now and go through the registration so you can go through 5 days worth of matches and start talking to them! The free communication event will allow you to go through different stages where you ask / answer questions with your matches then move onto the next stage and eventually talk and meet!