Ok we get it. You like the Lakers. You bleed purple and gold. You know every players on the Lakers AND the opposing team’s stats. WE GET IT. We like sports too and some of us actually know the rules and may be fans as well. But for the first date, the last thing I want is for you to scream out of the top of your lungs and your eyes glued to the 55″ over the bartender.
Think about it. This is our first date and all we talk about is sexy athletes sweating their lights out panting all night long. See the picture? You shouldn’t remind us of who you are not. It’s the first date, eyes on us. This should automatically cross out movies also. If I want to watch a movie by myself, I would Redbox a movie. I want to get to know you and whats in that noggin to see if this is worth pursuing and if this online dating membership is worth renewing or not. Here are some tips from a lady to guys on what you should do on a first date.
1) Be assertive. Ladies hate it when you constantly ask “what do you want to do?”. Show some assertiveness. By now, you should know enough about us to know what we like. If you are not naturally assertive, do some homework to show you made an effort in researching a place we both can enjoy.
2) Get off your phone! Microsoft’s recent commercial on their Windows Mobile is spot on. You know, the one where there is a hot woman in lingerie but the guy has his eyes fixated on his phone? Seriously, which do you want to turn off? Us or your phone? You choose.
3) Set the length of the date. Prior to the date, tell us when you will send us home. There is no need to drag the date longer than it needs to. Setting how long the date will be will allow us to dress appropriately. Don’t surprise us by taking us to your favorite go cart joint.
4) Chill. Trust me, we don’t bite (at least most of us don’t). We’re in for the same thing. We both want to see if we are compatible. I don’t want to take 3 dates or more to get you to relax. Don’t feel pressured to be your best. Just be yourself.
5) Plan on how to end the date. Don’t plan on kissing us good bye before meeting us. Go with the flow. If we want a good night kiss, we’ll let you know. Don’t pressure us for the 2nd date or when to call us. Let us digest the date and we’ll go from there.